Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
Spring is just around the corner, and we’ve been celebrating with creamy, dreamy Key Lime Pie, but why not take things to the next level with Key Lime Pie Ice Cream? This treat is packed with bright citrus flavor, and buttery graham cracker accents for the ultimate springtime dessert!
Who says you can only use your ice cream maker in summer? We’ve experimented before with no-churn ice cream (with delicious results), but today we’re going for ice cream made in a traditional ice cream maker and flavored with our limited-time Key Lime Pie. It’s cool, tangy, and refreshing! Use it to top our Cherry Pie or Buttermilk Pie, as the base for a tasty milkshake, or make it the star of the show and serve on its own.
What makes it so great?
- This ice cream comes together so quickly, with just a few ingredients
- It’s the perfect way to use any leftover slices of Key Lime Pie (if there are any…)
- You can mix in any add-ins you’d like in the last stage for a creation that’s totally your own, or top it with fresh fruit like raspberries and pineapple for a tropical twist!
- Key Lime Pie ice cream is the perfect base for a delicious milkshake!
No matter how you serve it, the whole family will love this treat!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk heavy cream and sugar until combined
- Once combined, add two whole slices of Key Lime Pie
- Using a fine mesh sieve and a spatula, strain your cream mixture into a second bowl
- Add strained cream mixture to ice cream maker
- Turn on ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions, 20 to 25 minutes
- To finished ice cream, add any additional add-ins like extra graham crackers
- Store in a freezer safe container and freeze until ice cream reaches desired hardness
Watch the recipe in action here!
Storage Information: Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months
Shop this recipe:
Did you like this recipe? Leave a comment here and tell us what you think – we can’t wait to hear!
For more great recipes and ideas, check out Amanda’s cookbook, Southern Baked: Celebrating Life with Pie, and the rest of the blog!