Chocolate Pie Pops
It’s safe to say we’re obsessed with these dippable, toppable, sharable, pie pops!
Not only are these bite-size morsels delicious, they’re also super versatile and the perfect easy, creative dessert to whip up with kids in the kitchen. All you need is a pie, a spoon, some melted chocolate, and all the toppings your heart desires to create this deceptively easy dessert!
Make these for a family night in, a birthday party, or dress them up for a more formal occasion. They’re a unique twist on a classic dessert that will have everyone asking for more!
So, how do we like to top ours?
Chocolate – We love taking our pie pops to the next level with a coating of delicious melted chocolate! Use milk, white, or dark chocolate here – whatever your preference – and stick your pops in the fridge for a few minutes after dipping and adding toppings to create a sweet, crunchy chocolate shell coating.
Now, for the fun part! Whether you prefer your toppings rich and decadent, light and fruity, or (almost) too pretty to eat, there are lots of options. Here are just a few that we love!
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Melted peanut butter
- Crushed Oreos (or another cookie of your choice)
- Crushed, freeze-dried raspberries
- Toasted coconut shavings
- Chopped nuts
- Pretzel pieces
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Sugar pearls
- Edible glitter
Watch the recipe in action here!
- Chill your pie for 1-2 hours until pie is cool to the touch
- Use a cookie cutter or a spoon to scoop out pie filling (one pie should make about 8 pie pops) Chef’s Tip: Got leftover pie? Don’t worry! You can use it to make our pie-infused ice cream!
- Using your hands, roll the pie filling into balls
- Heat milk, dark, or white chocolate with a neutral oil (like coconut oil) on low heat over the stove or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Insert a straw or cake pop stick at the top of the pie pop
- Dip pie pop into melted chocolate
- Top with toppings of your choice
- Set pops upright in a glass to preserve their shape and let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until chocolate coating has hardened
Pair with: Any of our delicious savory dinner pies. These pops make the perfect dessert!
Did you like this recipe? What did you top your pie pops with? Leave a comment here and tell us what you think – we can’t wait to hear!
For more great recipes and ideas, check out Amanda’s cookbook, Southern Baked: Celebrating Life with Pie, and the rest of the blog!
Shop this recipe: